Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm a Former Canadian from Iowa, and Apparently, I Don't Speak the Language Here.

I'm sitting at work, trying desperately to avoid actually working, so I try to seek solace from my fellow fertility-challenged ladies, but I'm having difficulty understanding the language. There are acronyms everywhere! If you too are unable to avoid work because the forums are filled with letters that spell no word in the english language, hopefully this list will help (I will edit this post as I come across more, but if you are out there (I'm still not certain that I'm not talking solely to myself), feel free to add to the list!):



TTC: I've got this one down. Trying To Conceive. Or Taking Two Centuries. Either one applies.



BFN: I think this means Big Fat Negative with regards to pregnancy tests (personally, I'd be more inclined to call it a Big Friggin' No[way you're ever gonna be a mama], but a lady shouldn't speak that way. Especially not one trying to get knocked up. Shiiit.).



BFP: Booyah, F' [you] People! It could also be Latin for Sorry Suckers - I'm Having a Baby!



Baby Dust: Meant to be a sweet term for good luck. But I really don't want dust from another person's baby. Unless it comes with that sweet new baby smell...

No comments:

Post a Comment